NAILPRO nail competitions are open to all beauty professionals licensed or qualified to perform nail services. Current students and beauty professionals from states or countries in which licensing are not required are also eligible to compete. Proof of licensure or qualification (such as school enrollment certificate or letter confirming salon employment) may be required. Participants in the NAILPRO can compete without any travel expenses!
ALL RULES ARE A SUBJECT TO POINT DEDUCTIONS AND OR DISQUALIFICATION!
1. All work for each entry must be completed by the competitor registered for that competition. If NAILPRO finds this rule has been violated, the competitor will be prohibited from competing in any NAILPRO or NAILPRO-run competition for the period of one year.
2. Competitors may turn in more than one entry. It is up to the competitor to get the entry to the competition and arrange for the entry to be returned to the competitor. NAILPRO will only be responsible for any turn-in entries during the competition. We will not be accepting entries prior to arriving on-site and will not be responsible for returning entries to the competitor.
3. ALL WORK MUST BE DONE ON-SITE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. No pre-done work is allowed unless otherwise noted. If NAILPRO finds this rule has been violated, the competitor will be prohibited from competing in any NAILPRO or NAILPRO-run competition for the period of one year.
4. Any competitor or model found not complying with the NAILPRO rules before, during, or until the close of the show is subject to possible disqualification and/or point deduction. In the event disqualification occurs after awards and/or prizes, cash or otherwise, have been distributed, the disqualified contestant must return their trophy as well as all prizes to NAILPRO staff. He or she will also be prohibited to participate in any NAILPRO or NAILPRO-run competition for one year.
5. Competitors must report at the scheduled report time to receive entry information. Late arrivals or entries may not be accepted. Nail art entries may be turned in by someone other than the competitor.
6. Competitors must supply ALL necessary products and supplies, including lamps and extension cords for each competition they enter, (unless otherwise noted).
7. The rules will be reviewed in mandatory briefing scheduled 5 or 15 minutes before the start of each competition unless otherwise noted.
8. Once the questions only or briefing starts, competitors will not be allowed to touch their models until the start of the competition. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
9. Any prohibited products or supplies found at a competitor’s workstation/or under your towels, mats, or whatever you are working on during a competition will be confiscated, and the competitor may be disqualified at the discretion of the NAILPRO competition staff.
10. Competitors must have all products they are going to use out in their work area, and all cases must be closed.
11. Bowls containing marbles, stones, or any objects are not allowed on or in the working area at any time.
12. Once the competition begins, competitors and/or models may NOT leave the competition area without the permission of the competition staff. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
13. When directed, competitors must promptly clean their workstations and leave the competition area.
14. When a competition ends, models must stand and follow the instructions given by the competition staff. Models may NOT leave the competition area until excused by the competition staff.
15. Nailpro judges and staff reserve the right to check tables for products that are not allowed during the current or future competitions. AND THEY WILL!
16. If at any time a competitor has an issue with the results or decisions of judges it is mandatory that it be discussed in a respectful manner.
17. If there is a problem with a rule infraction it must be reported at once. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE COMPETITION IS UNDERWAY OR WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE AWARDS. If so you will be sanctioned as well.
18. If the competitor insists on acting disrespectful, it will be at the discretion of the judge to not allow that competitor to compete in any or all upcoming Nailpro competitions.
19. The NAILPRO competition staff reserves the right to final interpretation of all rules.
20. Copyrighted Art – NO Copyrighted art is allowed at any time. Any and all designs bearing even a similar likeness will is not allowed. Penalties will be given at judges’ discretion and possible disqualification may be incurred.
21. Upon registration, competitors and their models give consent to Nailpro Europe and all its properties to freely use in any form or manner they see fit for Nailpro Europe magazines, websites, and projects. In addition, to reproduce all photographs, videos, or such taken at the show, including those taken by photographers, or others hired for the show by Nailpro Europe. Not limited to anyone working in conjunction with Nailpro Competitions. All photos, images, and videos, or film shots are property of Nailpro Europe and may not be used without written permission. Your registration is considered a signed release.
22. Themes are guideline rules. If the themes are not followed disqualification or point, deductions are possible. The decision will be that of the Nailpro Competition staff and will be announced during the awards ceremony. Please note when a color or shades of color are given as a theme, it means no other color may be used unless otherwise noted.
23. Competitors must designate their level of experience (Novice or Veteran) when they register, except when competing in a NON-Divisional competition. It is the responsibility of the competitor to be sure they are registered in the correct division. If we are made aware you have designated yourself as a novice and you are actually a veteran you will be disqualified and required to return the trophy and any amounts of money given.
24. Competitors may not post any of their competition work to any social media platform whatsoever before the awards ceremony! Any competitor found violating this rule will possibly be given a warning or more likely disqualified from that competition in which they posted their work.
25. All competitors must be responsible for receiving your winning trophies. Nailpro Competitions will not be responsible for shipping trophies to winners.
26. Novice competitors who won first-place in a Nail Art Competition award must advance to the veteran level of Nail Art for the next competition. You may continue to compete as a novice in any extension competitions provided you have not won a first-place in such a competition.
• A novice ART competitor has not competed or never won or won third or second place in any NAIL ART competition.
• A veteran ART competitor has won first-place in any NAIL ART competition.
• A novice Extension competitor has not competed or never won or won third or second place in any NAIL ART competition.
• A veteran Extension competitor has won first-place in any NAIL EXTENSION competition.
• A NON-Divisional competition consists of all categories Veteran and Novice competitors. No first-place win will move anyone up a division. In any novice competition with 4 or fewer competitors, the first-place winner is not required to move to veteran status. If you choose to you can but are not allowed to return to a novice.
27. A team of competitors that wants to participate in the NAILPRO Cup Team Challenge must announce their team affiliation upon registering. The number of team members is unlimited. The top 5 team member scores earned will count toward the Nailpro Team Cup. (If a competitor joins a team or changes teams between shows, the score earned by that competitor in prior competitions will remain with the original team.)
28. Prizes: All monies are listed unless otherwise noted.
29. All winners will receive a trophy/or medallion. The veteran will receive cash awards as follows: 1st …, 2nd … and 3rd …
30. NON-DIVISIONAL competitions combine all categories. Prizes awarded for these competitions will be the following: 1st …, 2nd … and 3rd .… Tip and overlay relay members will each receive a medallion except where noted.
31. New competitions may have different prize structures. Winners will receive medallions or trophies. Please see individual rules for detailed information. Entry fees vary depending on the competition. Please see individual rules for information.
32. NAILPRO competitions utilize analytic scoring to judge the entries. Three judges preview the novice entries and veteran entries as two separate groups. Through the process of elimination, the judges select no more than ten finalists at each level to be scored. All other entries are excused prior to scoring by the judges. Non-divisional competitions use the same preview and judging system.
33. The finalists at each level are viewed simultaneously during the scoring process. Finalists are evaluated in ten categories; each category is worth a possible ten points, ranging from 1 (Unacceptable) to 10 (Flawless) except where otherwise noted. Each of the three judges is responsible for three to four categories. The categories for each competition are listed in the rules specific to that competition. Only finalists receive score sheets.
34. The competition staff calculates the final scores, and the judges verify the placements before excusing the finalists. Any ties will be broken by the Head Judge. The decision of the judges is final.
INDIVIDUAL CUP ONLY FOR NAILPRO EUROPE!
The competitor with the highest accumulative score (the points for the top 5 point earners) at the end of the competition in each country of NAILPRO EUROPE, will be crowned NAILPRO CUP TOP-MASTER.
The individual competitor with the highest cumulative score (the points for the top 3 point earners) at the end of NAILPRO Cup Season will be crowned the NAILPRO Cup Grand-Champion for that year and receive tThe NAILPRO Cup trophy. The top ten finalists will receive NAILPRO Cup medallions.
TEAM CUP ONLY FOR NAILPRO EUROPE! The points for the top 5 point earners for each team at each show will be added towards the Team Cup.
The team with the highest accumulated scores (the points for the top 5 point earners) at the end of NAILPRO Competition Season will win the NAILPRO Cup Team for that year and receive:
Models: – Give this section to your model or be sure she is aware of all these rules!
1. Competitors must supply their own models when models are required. Models must be at least 18 years old, OR if a release is signed by the parents no younger than 14, AND one or both parent(s) are present while the minor is modeling. Models will be required to show ID if asked by Nailpro Staff. Only live models may be used.
2. Competitors are responsible for making sure that they and their models understand and comply with the competition rules. Failure to comply may result in point deduction or disqualification at the discretion of the NAILPRO competition staff.
3. Models are not permitted to lay their heads on the tables at any time during judging! If they are not cooperating with the judges, you will receive a 5 point deduction. If it continues you may be disqualified. During the judging process, models may NOT speak to the judges. They may not use cell phones at any time during the entire judging process.
4. At no time during a competition may models assist the competitor in any capacity. Models may not blow dust, lick their nails at any time prior to being judged. If a staff member asks the model to stop breaking these rules. It will be at the discretion of the floor judge/sage to disqualify the competitor’s model for bad model behavior.
5. Models are NOT allowed to wear any jewelry on their hands, wrists or arms, including watches. Failure to comply will result in a deduction of 5 points in the category of overall. This rule does not apply to models for Fantasy Nail Art.
6. When a competition ends, competitors must immediately stop working, and move away from their workstations as directed. Competitors are NOT allowed to touch their models again until after they have been judged. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
7. Any designated Nailpro Floor staff member has the authority to impose a 5pt deduction for anyone causing disruption, being disrespectful of NPC Staff, or for any and all rule violations.
For rule clarification, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com only.
1. RELEASE FORMS ARE CRITICAL!
Nailpro Europe is providing you with a Photo Information Form and various other forms. You will get access to your personal folder for sending photos and videos according to the categories. You can submit your work before 23:59 until 30.11.2021.
Forms must be signed by all of the following people: ______The photographer(s) who took the photos (“Non-Exclusive Photography License”).
______The technician (“Technician Release”). The absence of completed forms or incomplete forms will automatically eliminate your submission!
2. DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY – ALL WORK MUST BE DIGITAL
Please use the following as your criteria: Resolution MUST be 300 dpi. 5 x 7
When you send your work, you should check that all required attachments have been included. You will get access to your personal folder for sending photos and videos according to the categories. You can submit your work before 23:59 until 30.11.2021.
A professional photographer is not necessary for your submission. A professional photographer will best represent your hard work and greatly increase your chances of winning Nailpro Europe. If a professional photographer is used they must sign and return a Non-Exclusive Photography License.
You must submit 5 specific photos of your work and your own photo. Examples below.
The 5 photo requirements For Nail Art work:
1. Presentation – Nail Art all 10 nail tips in frame as tight as possible
2. 3 photos close up A, B, C Each a different part of the entry.
3. 1 photo – close up of the most detailed section you want us to see closely
Photo Shoot Guidelines
Be sure the photos are in focus. Use a tripod if necessary. Experiment with settings on the camera for the best presentation of your work.
Photos: 5 x 7 or 8 x 10 inches only. Smaller photos will not be allowed.
SAVE Photo Files as: Portrait Tiff or JPEG 300 DPI
NAMING FILES Technician Initials-competition (Hand positions)
VK-Mix Media Nail Art -1 Presentation
VK-Mix Media Nail Art-2 Close up A
VK-Mix Media Nail Art -3 Close up B
VK-Mix Media Nail Art -4 Close up C
VK-Mix Media Nail Art — etc.
Your headshot photo should be named Example:
VK – Viktoriia Klopotova – Headshot Technician 6.
Video up to 1 min. and max. 500MB. The video must be general and close to the elements that you want to show us in detail.