This competition is about style and shape. We want to see 5 shapes of nail extensions. Square and regular stiletto cannot be used. For example the wedge, bridge, lipstick, edge, Russian almond, blade, arrow or something new that you create. Remember it is the structure of the nail that dictates type of nail you are going to produce.
THIS IS NOT FRENCH TWIST. Each nail must have a different structure quality.
“C” Curves will be judged in accordance with the shape that is created. Meaning they will most probably NOT be created in the traditional “C” fashion. Smile lines MAY be done in support of the style created for that nail shape.
1. Competitors will have 3 hours (unless otherwise noted) to complete ONE HAND (unless otherwise noted) of FiveStyle competition-style sculptured nail enhancements using flat paper or metal forms. Tips and adhesive are NOT allowed.
2. Each design must be distinct from the other. Styles must be unusual style and design. You must think out of the box.
3. Competitors must use liquid-and-powder acrylic products or light-cured products only. You can not use gel paint or white gel polish.
4. Only pink, clear and white enhancement products may be used. Enhancement products containing glitter and/or any other color are NOT allowed. Cover pinks are allowed and may be used to elongate natural nail beds.
5. Embellishments may NOT be used.
6. The model’s natural nails may be prepared for product application before the competition, but the product may NOT be applied until the competition starts.
7. No consideration will be given for any pre-existing damage to a model’s natural nails, cuticles, or hands.
8. Electric files and buffing tools, may be used.
9. ** Cleansing products (soaps, etc.) and moisturizing products oils, creams, lotions are allowed.
10. The nail enhancements must be French-style (pink/clear and white), finished to a high shine, and completely free of polish. The nail plate may be extended. Gel sealant may be used to finish to a high shine. Or you can buff to a high shine.
**PLEASE SEE JUDGES CRITERIA FOR CLARITY OF JUDGING!
11. FiveStyle Sculptured Nails will be judged in the following categories: smile lines, “C” curves, cuticle area, shape, product control, FiveStyle, surface structure, lateral structure, length, complexity, finish work, and overall impression.